Week 8 Assignment
Please no appropriation and accomplish abiding you are able to admission all ability on your own afore you bid. One of the references charge appear from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are accepted to accommodate at atomic one bookish and peer-reviewed ability alfresco of those provided in the readings for anniversary altercation post. I charge this completed by 04/21/18 at 7pm.
Application Assignment: The Issues of Amusing Class
Historically, the counseling profession has generally abandoned the appulse of amusing class. There has been little analysis in this area, and the majority of the analysis that exists focuses alone on the problems of abjection in abreast from the civic ambience of oppression. Consider the means the accountable of amusing chic ability access your assignment as a counselor.
For this Application Assignment, analysis “Anthony’s Story” and use it as a starting point to reflect on your own worldview as it relates to amusing class.
In a 1- to 2-page paper:
· Describe the means in which ability and advantage appearance your apple view.
· Explain how your amusing chic influences your worldview. Use the case abstraction to abutment your explanation.
· Explain how your accepted amusing chic or your worldview of your amusing chic ability access your assignment as a counselor.
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and convenance (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Chapter 7, “Barriers to Multicultural Counseling and Therapy: Individual and Family Perspectives” (pp. 215-250)
o Chapter 10, “Non-Western Indigenous Methods of Healing: Implications For Multicultural Counseling and Therapy” (pp. 321-351)
o Chapter 25, “Counseling for Individuals Living in Poverty” (pp. 705-723)
· Hays, P. A. (2016). Addressing cultural complexities in practice: Assessment, diagnosis, and analysis (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
o Chapter 5, “Understanding Clients’ Identities and Contexts” (pp. 79-99)
o Chapter 6, “Creating a Positive Therapeutic Alliance” (pp. 101-123)
· Thomas, A. J., & Schwarzbaum, S. (2006). Culture and identity: Activity belief for attorneys and therapists. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Culture and Identity: activity belief for attorneys and therapists, Volume / Edition by Thomas, A.J. and Schwarzbaum, S. Copyright 2006 by Sage Publications, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Sage Publications, Inc. via the Copyright Clearance Center.
o Chapter 12, “Katie’s Story: Catholic and Jewish? How Can It Be?” (pp. 217–237)
o Chapter 14, “Anthony’s Story” (pp. 263–279)
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). Lifespan development advance examination [Video]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The almost breadth of this media allotment is 2 minutes.
Accessible amateur --Downloads-- Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Order a unique copy of this paper