The Impact of Ethnicity on Antidepressant Therapy
Major depressive ataxia is one of the best accustomed disorders you will see in analytic practice. Treatment for this disorder, however, can alter abundantly depending on applicant factors, such as ethnicity and culture. As a psychiatric brainy bloom professional, you charge accept the admission of these factors to baddest adapted psychopharmacologic interventions. For this Discussion, accede how you ability appraise and amusement the individuals in the case studies based on the provided applicant factors, including ethnicity and culture.
To adapt for this Discussion:
Case 2: Volume 1, Case #7: The case of physician do not alleviate thyself
· Review this week's Learning Assets and reflect on the insights they provide.
· Go to the Stahl Online website and appraise the case abstraction you were assigned.
· Take the pretest for the case study.
· Review the accommodating assimilation documentation, psychiatric history, accommodating file, medication history, etc. As you advance through anniversary section, codify a account of questions that you ability ask the accommodating if he or she were in your office.
· Based on the patient’s case history, accede alternative bodies in his or her activity that you would charge to allege to or get acknowledgment from (i.e., ancestors members, teachers, nursing home aides, etc.).
· Accede whether any added concrete exams or analytic testing may be all-important for the patient.
· Develop a cogwheel diagnoses for the patient. Refer to the DSM-5 in this week’s Learning Assets for guidance.
· Review the patient’s accomplished and accepted medications. Refer to Stahl’s Prescriber’s Adviser and accede medications you ability baddest for this patient.
· Review the posttest for the case study.
Assignment- Case abstraction #7 uploaded at the end.
Post a acknowledgment to the following:
· Accommodate the case cardinal in the accountable band of the Discussion thread.- Case #7:
· Account three questions you ability ask the accommodating if he or she were in your office. Accommodate a account for why you ability ask these questions.
· Analyze bodies in the patient’s activity you would charge to allege to or get acknowledgment from to added appraise the patient’s situation. Include specific questions you ability ask these bodies and why.
· Explain what concrete exams and analytic tests would be adapted for the accommodating and how the after-effects would be used.
· Account three cogwheel diagnoses for the patient. Analyze the one that you anticipate is best acceptable and explain why.
· Account two pharmacologic agents and their dosing that would be adapted for the patient’s antidepressant analysis based on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. From a apparatus of activity perspective, accommodate a account for why you ability accept one abettor over the other.
· For the biologic analysis you select, analyze any contraindications to use or alterations in dosing that may charge to be advised based on the client’s ethnicity. Discuss why the contraindication/alteration you analyze exists. That is, what would be ambiguous with the use of this biologic in individuals of alternative ethnicities?
· If your assigned case includes “check points” (i.e., aftereffect abstracts at anniversary 4, 8, 12, etc.), announce any ameliorative changes that you ability accomplish based on the abstracts provided.
· Explain “lessons learned” from this case study, including how you ability administer this case to your own convenance back accouterment affliction to patients with agnate analytic presentations
Note: All Stahl assets can be accessed through this articulation provided.
Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl’s capital psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific base and applied applications (4th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
Note: To admission the afterward chapters, bang on the Capital Psychopharmacology, 4th ed tab on the Stahl Online website and baddest the adapted chapter. Be abiding to apprehend all sections on the larboard aeronautics bar for anniversary chapter.
Chapter 6, “Mood Disorders”
Stahl, S. M. (2014b). The prescriber’s adviser (5th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
Note: To admission the afterward medications, bang on the The Prescriber's Guide, 5th ed tab on the Stahl Online website and baddest the adapted medication.
Review the afterward medications:
Amitriptyline, bupropion, citalopram, clomipramine, desipramine, desvenlafaxine, doxepin, duloxetine, escitalopram , fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, imipramine, ketamine
Mirtazapine, nortriptyline, paroxetine, selegiline, sertraline, trazodone, venlafaxine
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Analytic and statistical chiral of brainy disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Howland, R. H. (2008). Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D). Part 1: Abstraction design. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Brainy Bloom Services, 46(9), 21-24. doi:02793695-20081001-0510.3928/02793695-20080901-06
Howland, R. H. (2008). Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D). Part 2: Abstraction outcomes. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Brainy Bloom Services, 46(10), 21-24. doi:02793695-20081001-0510.3928/02793695-20080901-06
Yasuda, S.U., Zhang, L. & Huang, S.-M. (2008). The role of ethnicity in airheadedness in acknowledgment to drugs: Focus on analytic pharmacology studies. Analytic Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 84(3), 417–423. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20170809004704/https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ScienceResearch/.../UCM085502.pdf
Order a unique copy of this paper