Pharmacotherapy for Cardiovascular Disorders
...heart ache charcoal the No. 1 analgesic in America; about bisected of all Americans accept aerial claret pressure, aerial cholesterol, or smoke—some of the arch accident factors for affection disease—Murphy et al., 2018. Despite the aerial bloodshed ante associated with cardiovascular disorders, bigger analysis options do abide that can advice abode those accident factors that agonize the majority of the citizenry today.
As an avant-garde convenance nurse, it is your albatross to acclaim adapted analysis options for patients with cardiovascular disorders. To ensure the assurance and capability of biologic therapy, avant-garde convenance nurses charge accede aspects that ability access pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes such as medical history, another drugs currently prescribed, and alone accommodating factors.
Reference: Murphy, S. L., Xu, J., Kochanek, K. D., & Arias, E. (2018). Bloodshed in the United States, 2017. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db328.htm
· Review the Resources for this bore and accede the appulse of abeyant pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders alien in the media piece.
· Review the case abstraction assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment.
· Select one the afterward factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
· Reflect on how the agency you called ability access the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
· Accede how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes ability appulse the patient’s recommended biologic therapy.
Think about how you ability advance the patient’s biologic analysis plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would adapt the accepted biologic analysis or accommodate an another analysis advantage for the patient.
CASE STUDY: Accommodating HM has a history of atrial fibrillation and a brief ischemic advance (TIA). The accommodating has been diagnosed with blazon 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and ischemic affection disease. Drugs currently assigned accommodate the following:
• Warfarin 5 mg circadian MWF and 2.5 mg circadian T, TH, Sat, Sun
• Aspirin 81 mg daily
• Metformin 1000 mg po bid
• Glyburide 10 mg bid
• Atenolol 100 mg po daily
• Motrin 200 mg 1–3 tablets every 6 hours as bare for pain
Write a 2- to 3-page cardboard that addresses the following:
Explain how the agency you called ability access the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the accommodating from the case abstraction you were assigned.
Describe how changes in the processes ability appulse the patient’s recommended biologic therapy. Be specific and accommodate examples.
Explain how you ability advance the patient’s biologic analysis plan and explain why you would accomplish these recommended improvements.
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for avant-garde convenance providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 34, “Review of Hemodynamics” (pp. 335–340)
· Chapter 35, “Diuretics” (pp. 341–349)
· Chapter 36, “Drugs Acting on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System” (pp. 351–362)
· Chapter 37, “Calcium Channel Blockers” (pp. 363–369)
· Chapter 38, “Vasodilators” (pp. 371–373)
· Chapter 39, “Drugs for Hypertension” (pp. 375–388)
· Chapter 40, “Drugs for Affection Failure” (pp. 389–402)
· Chapter 41, “Antidysrhythmic Drugs” (pp. 403–418)
· Chapter 42, “Prophylaxis of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Drugs That Advice Normalize Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels” (pp. 419–439)
· Chapter 43, “Drugs for Angina Pectoris” (pp. 441–450)
· Chapter 44, “Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs” (pp. 451–472)
Order a unique copy of this paper