Nature or Nurture: The Case of the Boy Who Became a Girl Answers
NORTHERN CARIBBEAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND SCIENCE
TERM PAPER Attributes or Nurture: The Case of the Boy Who Became a Babe Presented
1. Assuming that the breeding approach is valid, David as Brenda will accept changeable behavior and accept he is a girl. From a concrete point of appearance he will not advance accessory characteristics. Based on how hormones assignment by removing his testicles they denied him of his accessory characteristics. Afterwards adolescence he would not accept testicles to aftermath testosterone which would accomplish him arrears of his accessory characteristics.
2. If Bruce was not subjected to gender reassignment anaplasty and aloft as a boy, he would accurate the gender character of a male. This is so because during the growing or crumbling action he would admit that he has added appearance of a macho than of a female, physically. Although his genitals may attending abnormal, he still has alternative appearance of a male.
1. According to the attributes appearance of psychosexual differentiation, prenatal acknowledgment to androgen could access the development of gender identity. David’s acquaintance did not abutment the breeding theory. None of his characteristics accurate the breeding theory. David actuality accurate and tidy was not a feminine appropriate but rather one that was imposed aloft by his mother.
2. According to the commodity David as Brenda resisted the analysis to be aloft as affable developed and eventually became unmanageable. Brenda frequently resisted girl’s toys, activities and clothing. He additionally mimicked her father’s behavior rather than her mother. She complained that she acquainted like a boy and beheld her concrete characteristics as added developed than feminine.
1. They accede to a baby admeasurement as it relates to the attributes theory. As apparent with the rodents, already the neonates were apparent to testosterone (the macho sex hormone) they would affectation macho behavior; alike the castrated macho already apparent to this hormone would still appearance macho ancestry due to its appulse genetically. Similarly the controls; basic males and females) apparent macho and changeable characteristics appropriately as this was somewhat built-in based on their genome, that is, what is independent in their abiogenetic architecture and not abased on the ambiance they were aloft in. his is alike with the studies done with 16 males in that the majority of genetically macho accouchement behaved as macho admitting actuality aloft as females. This behavior was already encoded in their DNA. However, with the 43 girls, the aftereffect of testosterone was nil on the behavior of the girls. They accordingly did not act like boys alike if they developed macho genitalia. This does not abutment the attributes approach as apparent with the aloft examples.
2. The admonition to parents would be not to reassign the child’s gender and by advantage of accepting the testicles the child’s academician would advance developed characteristics and animal macho characteristics would advance at the access of puberty. According to the commodity (gorski and Johnson) “brief acknowledgment to the testosterone aboriginal in activity promotes development of academician in means that acquiesce macho behavior to be as an adult”
3. Based on the attributes approach homosexual behavior in men and women can be accompanying to hormonal imbalance. Animal acclimatization is bent by the aboriginal levels (probably prenatal) of androgen on accordant neural structures. If awful apparent to these androgens, the fetus will become masculinized, or admiring to females. The about-face is true.
4. Based on the breeding approach homosexual behavior in men and women can be based aloft ecology influences and that includes associate pressure, low self-esteem and affectionate influences. Experiment
5. Aim: To beam the furnishings of neonatal castration aloft animal and advancing behavior in macho and changeable chimpanzees. Hypothesis: It is speculated that assailment in macho and changeable chimpanzees was an congenital behavior rather than learnt behavior.
It is additionally speculated that this behavior alone occurs in macho chimpanzees. Method: 100 changeable chimpanzees were articular in a population. An ultrasound was done to ensure that the females would aftermath 50 macho baby and 50 changeable offspring. Anniversary bairn was again castrated one day afterwards birth. 25 females were advised with testosterone and 25 males were advised with estrogen, the alternative 25 females were advised with estrogen and the actual 25 males were advised with testosterone. The behavior of anniversary bairn was empiric over a two year period.
Expected results: Based on the attributes approach the 25 females that would be advised with the testosterone and the 25 males that would be advised with estrogen the abstraction of hormonal alterity would accept acquired the assembly of two abundant or two little androgen. The hormone that was alien would accept interfered with the accustomed administration of hormone in both macho and female. The 50 baby that were advised with their aboriginal hormones would affectation accustomed behavior. Advancing behavior in females could accept been due to two abundant assembly of testosterone and the behavior in males could accept been due to the assembly of too abundant estrogen.
It is accepted for developed macho chimpanzees to act in an advancing address as such based on the breeding approach this behavior could accept been imposed aloft by parents or the ambiance that the baby came from. This agreement has not been done due to ethical factors. It is not accommodating to accomplish castration on so abounding chimpanzees. The bald actuality that some breed are endangered would absolute the bulk of breed that can be acclimated in abstracts and abate the cardinal of breed to be preserved in the environment. Abounding abstracts accept been done and these accept bargain the affection of activity of these species.
Bull, J. J. , Pease, C. M. (2003)
Biological Correlates of Actuality Gay: retrieved March 27, 2003 from http://www. utexas. edu/courses/bio301d/Topics/Gay/Text. html Joseph, J. (2004)
The Gene Illusion: Abiogenetic Research in Psychiatry and Psychology Under the Microscope. New York: Algora Kagan, J Segal, J. , Havemann, E. (2004)
Psychology an Introduction 9th Edition: WadsworthThomas Learning. Belmont CA. Riemann, A. ; Jang, K. L. ; McCrae, R. R. ; Angleitner, R. ; Livesley, W. J. (1998).
"Heritability of facet-level ancestry in a cross-cultural accompanying sample: abutment for a hierarchical archetypal of personality". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 74 (6): 1556–1565.
Order a unique copy of this paper