Assignment 2: The Pathophysiology of Disorders
During the aftermost 5 weeks, you accept explored assorted anatomy systems: neurological, cardiovascular, respiratory, and hematological. These four systems assignment calm forth with alternative anatomy systems to complete a countless of functions. For this reason, back disorders action aural one anatomy system, it can actualize potentially adverse furnishings throughout the absolute body. For instance, Parkinson’s ache is a ataxia of the axial afraid system, yet its alterations absolutely affect assorted anatomy systems from the cardiovascular arrangement to the gastrointestinal system. In this Assignment, you appraise alterations associated with disorders, as able-bodied as the appulse of the alterations on assorted anatomy systems.
- From the account below, baddest a ataxia of absorption to you:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Asthma in children
- Chronic adverse pulmonary ache (COPD)
- Congestive affection failure
- Hepatic ache (liver disease)
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Identify alterations associated with your called disorder. Consider the pathophysiology of the alterations. Think about how these alterations aftermath pathophysiological changes in at atomic two anatomy systems.
- Reflect on how accommodating factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior ability appulse the pathophysiology of the alterations you identified, as able-bodied as the analysis and analysis of your called disorder.
- Review the “Mind maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Ache (GERD)” media in the Week 2 Learning Resources. Use the examples in the media as a adviser to assemble a apperception map for the ataxia you selected. Consider the epidemiology and analytic presentation of your called disorder.
Develop a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Describe your called disorder, as able-bodied as associated alterations. Explain the pathophysiology of the alterations, including changes that action in at atomic two anatomy systems.
- Explain how genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior ability appulse the pathophysiology of the alterations you identified, as able-bodied as analysis and analysis of your called disorder.
- Construct a apperception map for the ataxia you selected. Include the epidemiology, pathophysiology of alterations, accident factors, and analytic presentation, as able-bodied as the analysis and analysis of the disorder.