Follow Directions: How to Critique an Artwork
Description Call the assignment after application amount words such as "beautiful" or "ugly":
● What is the accounting description on the characterization or in the affairs about the work?
● What is the appellation and who is (are) the artist(s)?
● When and area was the assignment created?
● Call the elements of the assignment (i.e., band movement, light, space).
● Call the abstruse qualities of the assignment (i.e., tools, materials, instruments).
● Call the accountable matter. What is it all about? Are there apparent images?
Analysis Call how the assignment is organized as a complete composition:
● How is the assignment complete or planned (i.e., acts, movements, lines)?
● Identify some of the similarities throughout the assignment (i.e., alliteration of lines, two songs in anniversary act).
● Identify some of the credibility of accent in the assignment (i.e., specific scene, figure, movement).
● If the assignment has capacity or characters, what are the relationships amid or amid them?
Interpretation Call how the assignment makes you anticipate or feel:
● Call the alive qualities you acquisition in the work. What alive accent would you use to call the qualities (i.e., tragic, ugly, funny)?
● Does the assignment admonish you of alternative things you accept accomplished (i.e., affinity or metaphor)?
● How does the assignment chronicle to alternative account or contest in the apple and/or in your alternative studies?
Judgment or Evaluation Present your assessment of the work's success or failure:
● What qualities of the assignment accomplish you feel it is a success or failure?
● Compare it with agnate works that you anticipate are acceptable or bad.
● What belief can you account to advice others adjudicator this work?
● How aboriginal is the work? Why do you feel this assignment is aboriginal or not original?
Order a unique copy of this paper