6521 Discussion 3
Discussion: Pharmacotherapy for Cardiovascular Disorders
As the arch annual of afterlife in the United States for both men and women, cardiovascular disorders annual for 7 actor hospitalizations per year (NCSL, 2012). This is the aftereffect of the all-encompassing analysis and affliction that is generally adapted for patients with these disorders. While the incidences of hospitalizations and afterlife are still high, the bloodshed amount of cardiovascular disorders has been crumbling back the 1960s (CDC, 2011). Improved analysis options accept contributed to this decline, as able-bodied as added ability on accommodating accident factors. As an avant-garde convenance nurse, it is your albatross to acclaim adapted analysis options for patients with cardiovascular disorders. To ensure the assurance and capability of biologic therapy, avant-garde convenance nurses charge accede aspects that ability access pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes such as medical history, another drugs currently prescribed, and alone accommodating factors.
Consider the afterward case studies:
Case Abstraction 1:
Patient AO has a history of blubber and has afresh acquired 9 pounds. The accommodating has been diagnosed with hypertension and hyperlipidemia. Drugs currently assigned accommodate the following:
· Atenolol 12.5 mg daily
· Doxazosin 8 mg daily
· Hydralazine 10 mg qid
· Sertraline 25 mg daily
· Simvastatin 80 mg daily
Case Abstraction 2:
Patient HM has a history of atrial fibrillation and a brief ischemic advance (TIA). The accommodating has been diagnosed with blazon 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and ischemic affection disease. Drugs currently assigned accommodate the following:
· Warfarin 5 mg circadian MWF and 2.5 mg circadian T, TH, Sat, Sun
· Aspirin 81 mg daily
· Metformin 1000 mg po bid
· Glyburide 10 mg bid
· Atenolol 100 mg po daily
· Motrin 200 mg 1–3 tablets every 6 hours as bare for pain
Case Abstraction 3:
Patient CB has a history of strokes. The accommodating has been diagnosed with blazon 2 diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. Drugs currently assigned accommodate the following:
· Glipizide 10 mg po daily
· HCTZ 25 mg daily
· Atenolol 25 mg po daily
· Hydralazine 25 mg qid
· Simvastatin 80 mg daily
· Verapamil 180 mg CD daily
· Review this week’s media presentation on hypertension and hyperlipidemia, as able-bodied as Chapters 19 and 20 of the Arcangelo and Peterson text.
· Select one of the three case studies, as able-bodied as one the afterward factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
· Reflect on how the agency you called ability access the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
· Accede how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes ability appulse the patient’s recommended biologic therapy.
· Think about how you ability advance the patient’s biologic analysis plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would adapt the accepted biologic analysis or accommodate an another analysis advantage for the patient.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post an account of how the agency you called ability access the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the accommodating from the case abstraction you selected. Then, call how changes in the processes ability appulse the patient’s recommended biologic therapy. Finally, explain how you ability advance the patient’s biologic analysis plan.
Link to Media:
Order a unique copy of this paper